I’ve shared a few post recently with cauliflower recipes because it is my new favorite veggie. I typically prefer green leafy vegetables, but you can make almost anything with cauliflower. Which is why you have to try my gluten free spicy cauliflower bites. If you like sesame chicken then you will love this healthier alternative. Since COVID-19 my diet looks a lot different. I’m eating more than 1/2 as many veggies and 1/4 of the meat I was consuming. I want so badly to go full vegetarian but my body hates me when I don’t give into my cravings, which have been Chick-Fil-A fries as of late. So I try my best to apply the 80/20 rule to my diet and eat healthy 80ish percent of the time.
Though I don’t believe in fasting, crazy dieting or neglecting your cravings, I do think it’s important to eat a nutritious and balanced diet. Which is different for everyone. For me that means red meat occasionally, other meat sometimes and salt foods. Hey, you only live once. Which brings me back to cauliflower. Believe me when I tell you pizza, mashed potatoes, buffalo chicken, flatbread, etc., can be just as great when you substitute cauliflower. This week alone I made curry, turmeric cauliflower soup (you have to try it!), spicy cauliflower bites and beyond beef patties with cauliflower bread as toppers. It was so delicious and easy! That’s the best part. Most of the dishes I make take 30 minutes max, because like you, I don’t have time to spend all day in the kitchen. Which is why I rely on a slow cooker occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a large bowl, stir dry ingredients for the crispy cauliflower together.
- Let batter sit for 1-2 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl to coat.
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- Mix Spicy Sauce. Add sauce to a heated pan over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- When cauliflower is done baking, return to large bowl and pour spicy sauce over the cauliflower.
- Return to parchment paper and bake for another 2-15 minutes.
- Let cauliflower sit for at least 5 minutes. Use any extra sauce to drizzle over the cauliflower before serving.
Leave me a comment below and let me know how this recipe turns out for you. If you have any suggestions or cauliflower recipes drop me a line below so I can try them, too. Happy cooking!!
Shop The Post